Friday, May 10, 2013

The Charlotte dress

I stumbled across a fantastic blog the other day that had some beautiful sewing tutorials. I'm sure a lot of you have already heard of it. It's named craftiness is not optional. The dress I made from her was the Charlotte dress. It's an adorable little dress with lots of possibilities for customization. I didn't do a lot to change this dress. However I never fully follow any tutorial or pattern. I've tried but for some reason I must always change something. 

So with the Charlotte dress I left off the bottom band and I removed the sleeves. Although I must say the sleeves she has on it are just darling. My real reason for leaving the sleeves off was not by choice. I was going to make it with them but I misplaced one of the sleeves while putting it together and could not find it. I could have cut another piece but I was past the cutting phase and I hate having to go back to cutting after I already began sewing. :-P 


So this is the front on my beautiful smiley model who loves the camera.

....and the back..... well sorta side shot. As you can see this picture was snapped as she inspected the floor for any possible crumbs that I have not yet swept up after lunch. My kids are very messy generous eaters. By generous I mean they like to share (with the floor and their clothes) at every possible opportunity.


So what do you think? Do you think it's still cute without the sleeves?

If you'd like to use her pattern please check out her blog here. Maybe tell her how you found her. If you'd instructions on how to adjust the pattern to leave off the sleeves then just let me know here. I may have missed it but I don't think she talks about leaving the sleeves off. 

No comments: