Monday, June 24, 2013

Home style Chicken Recipe

Oops time got a away from me. It's a been a little more then a week between my posts. Well to make up for it here is a keeper of a recipe for my home style chicken. I don't really know what else to call it other then that. This rub is one I can proudly say I came up with. Although I'm sure someone somewhere has used it before me. It may even have a name. If it does feel free to share it with me and I'll correct this post. ;-)

It can be used on boneless or bone in chicken. You would just need to adjust the cooking time and temp accordingly.

Ingredients

  • 2 lbs Chicken Legs (around 10 legs)
  • Olive oil
  • 2 Tsp Paprika
  • 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
  • 1 Tsp Onion Powder
  • 1 Tsp Salt
  • 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper


First preheat oven to 400F. Get a glass pan large enough for your chicken and use the olive oil to grease your pan. Lay out your chicken in the pan not to tightly packed. 



 Mix together your seasonings in a small cup or dish and then evenly sprinkle over all your chicken.


 

Cover with tin foil and place in preheated oven. Cook for 30min then remove tinfoil and bake for another 15min. Please note that cooking times may vary depending on your oven. In our old apartment this temp and cooking time was perfect. However in our house I have to cook this for an additional 10 minutes.  
 
This isn't the prettiest picture but oh man is this good! You won't be disappointed. Please let me know if you try this out. I'd love to hear your comments. 
 Do you have a favorite go to chicken recipe? I'm always looking for new things to try. Feel free to share yours or even a link to it in the comments below. :-) 

No comments: