I did manage to make our two birthday girls matching birthday dresses though. I'm pretty impressed with myself actually. I managed to get two dresses. One a size 4t and one a size 12-18m out of just one yard of my main fabric. I did use a different fabric to line the bodices and I decided to add a little ruffle of a different fabric to bring out the red and white polka-dot mushroom caps on some of the mushrooms. The main fabric is pink and covered in mushrooms. I don't like eating mushrooms very much but I love them decorating things. They make everything seem so magical and woodland-y. Okay so woodland-y isn't a real word but at least it makes more sense in the real word then braggadocious which was recently added to the dictionary. I'm glad I've never heard someone use that word before, lol. The sad thing is that isn't even the most absurd new addition. I can't even guess at the meaning of some of them so I'm going to play it safe and not post those on here. Who knows what I may accidentally say if I do.
Anyway without further ado here are lovely woodland-y dresses, and even more lovely birthday girls.
Nom nom nom, sticks taste good!
Of course I know you want to know what the back looks like too.
So these dresses are from my go to pattern that I use for everything. I have pictures taken to post a tutorial for it but it's going to take some time to put together. If you would like the tutorial just leave me some comments about it and I'm sure that will light the proverbial fire under my tushie too get it done a bit faster. ;-)