Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I won fabric!

Wow, I'm excited. I entered a photo contest on one of my favorite sites to buy supplies from. The site was and currently still is running a contest where if your photo is chosen to be featured on their site then your entered into a drawing for a $30 credit to their store. The picture has to have show something you made using supplies from their site. I entered this picture of Nova in the birthday dress I made for her last year. 
  

You can view her picture on their site here

I of course showed her the picture on their site and told her mommy won fabric because of her picture. She cared more about seeing a picture of herself then anything else. She loves seeing herself. No self esteem issues there.

So what would the smart thing be to do with my $30 credit? Save it for my next order of things I decide I need, right? So what did I do with it? I spent all day picking out fabrics that I would never normally buy because although I LOVE them they are just to pricey. Yep you can laugh at me now. I know it was silly but I couldn't help myself. Man I wish it was a $100 gift card so I could have gotten full yards instead of just half yards and fat quarters. I still managed to get 1 or 2 full yards though. I can't wait to see it all when it gets here. It's going to be like Christmas. I tried to make sure I got some fabrics to make some things for Fox too. He tends to not get as many handmade things since he is a boy. I did make him two pair of really cute shorts for our visit with family next week though. That's a whole other post though. ;-)

No comments: