Thursday, February 28, 2013

The berry sweet dress

 So here is the dress. It doesn't scream summer quite as much as I had hoped it would but I think it's still cute. This was my inspiration for it. Obviously I knew mine would look quite different seeing as how mine was going to be a sewn version.
 
 A close up of the hand sewn details.
 I wanted it to look like the vines wrapped around the dress to be the button loops. The buttons I ordered online and haven't arrived yet but they are little flowers with rhinestone center. I'll update this once I add them. ;-)

Now for a picture of one of my girls modeling. It will be a much better fit when the buttons are there to hold it up. Right now it falls down in front since they aren't there yet though.

Btw, don't you love my leg sticking out behind Lil bits to make sure she doesn't fall down on the hard tile? She is sitting up well on her own now but I worry still.

If you would like to see a tutorial for this dress then please let me know in the comments below. I have some of the pics taken of the process for this one but I will have to fill in the blanks. So I'll only do this if there is some interest in it.




No comments: