Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Berry Sweet Dress

My current project is a dress inspired by strawberries. Well three identical strawberry dresses actually. I don't really like eating fresh strawberries because of the texture of them but I love everything else about them. Even strawberry ice cream. Nom nom nom! Strawberries in general just SCREAM summer and I'm a total sucker for anything fruit, berry, or veg on clothes. I know it's kind of a weird thing to love but what can I say. There is just something about the natural beauty of raw organics that makes me love them when translated into clothing. I'm sure the ladies at the craft store thought I was nuts going in and buying sold red and green fabric AFTER the holidays. They probably all thought I was either really early or really late with my holiday sewing. I'm confident by the time I'm done these dresses although mainly red and green will scream summer and no one will find themselves thinking of Christmas while looking at them.

No comments: